The poison is in the air, uh, on the floor now. Renee betrayed the Batwoman team in order to find her long-lost love, Pamala Isley. The guilt of being responsible for drying up Pamala in the first place was too much and caused Renee to betray her badge in order to get Pamala back. But the original Poison Ivy isn’t the only threat around Gotham. Poison Mary is also on the loose, and with her newfound commitment to being evil and revealing Batwoman’s identity, Alice and Mary are a force to be reckoned with. As the title of tonight’s episode suggests, Poison Mary and Poison Ivy are likely to meet and who knows what might happen! Here is what stood out to us:
- Pamala Isley: The original Poison Ivy is back and already killing again. She kills two fishermen who do not respect the catch and release policy. John Diggle is in town and knows Jada Jet like an old friend. Ryan ignores Sophie as she now blames Sophie’s one-time affair with Renee as a betrayal. Poison Ivy and Renee are in the forest and they’ll have to chase her home!
- John Digle: With Diggle in town, he knows where the Joker’s buzzer is. Although he didn’t accept Jada’s offer, he was in Gotham on “other business”. Renee tells Pamala about a possible way to reach out to Mary and she meditates on it. Alice and Mary are planning a vacation together when Mary gets Pamela’s call. Alice generally fears losing Mary to Pamela. Ryan, Sophie, and Luke head into the woods and are immediately attacked by vine monsters.
- A hero in doubt: Luke blames himself for the whole situation. Sophie and Ryan aren’t shy about pointing out each other’s failures to get him back on track. Renee begs Pamela not to go back to her old ways, but she uses her powers to keep Renee in one place while she seeks to kill Batwoman. Alice and Mary start on the road but Mary cannot move in any direction except towards Pamela. Alice warns against the original Poison Ivy but agrees to go with Mary. Ryan and Sophie are about to make it out but a vine comes out of the chimney and grabs Sophie!
- Ivy Attack: Luke is able to save Sophie with a gas blast reminiscent of the ivy vine. The team realizes that Ivy can hear them when they are in the forest and the argument they had earlier brought her to them. Mary and Alice have a heart to heart but Alice insists on protecting Mary. Mary uses her powers to get Alice to stay in the car and fall asleep. Ryan volunteers to fetch more ammo and Jada and Diggle find the buzzer in Renee’s office. As Mary is about to arrive at the original Poison Ivy, she is somehow stopped by Renee.
- Hunters in the Mix: The hunters meet Mary in the forest and eliminate the toxin in her. She wakes up and chases the father away. Mary resumes her mission to join Pamela. Batwoman gets the salt but the vines come to attack as the little hunter child cries out for help. Batwoman retreats to the truck and asks Sophie to blow it up with her. She complies and the suit protects Ryan as Luke rushes to save the child, proving he is a hero.
In the final concluding moments, Luke comforts the child he saved. Sophie and Ryan share a kiss opening the door to their romance. Luke goes to his father’s grave to let him know he’s ready to be Batwing and wear the costume. John Diggle was there too. He had a trans-matter cube and he asked if Argus or the Batwoman team could open it. Does this hold the Green Lantern ring? Alice wakes up to see that Mary has in fact killed the hunter, perhaps by accident. Renee and Pamela catch up. Renee has a tolerance for her mind control. She steps aside when Mary arrives however and Pamela kisses Mary on the forehead. Does it weaken Mary? Check out a trailer for next week’s all-new episode below:
Let us know your thoughts below and in our forum! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest news!